[Zope-dev] How to shutdown Zope from an embedded application?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:13:44 -0500

I'm embedding python15.dll in a Windows application, and will be
running z2.py one of the many thread/interpreter pairs.

At some point my .exe has to be closed, I need to get Zope to
shutdown as if I'd pressed the shutdown button in the control panel.

Is there any way I can acquire the intepreter lock for the z2 "process"
and call whatever function begins the shutdown process in Zope?

I've looked at simulating keyboardInterrupt, but I'm doubtful about how
well it'll work.

Ideas?

Thanks

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937