[Zope-dev] Zope-beta failure on OSF/Alpha

Gilles lavaux Gilles lavaux" <gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:04:08 +0100

Hello all
-Jeff Rush wrote:

> I know little about alphas but one question, if I may.  Did you compile
> the Zope yourself from the source tarball or use the RPMs that Red Hat
> makes available for Linux/Alpha?
>
> The reason I ask is that I created the RPMs and Red Hat then tested
> them on all of their platforms and reported that it works on all.  Now
> I'm wondering whether their testing was extensive enough and
> they really don't work on an alpha.

I compiled the Zope2 from source myself, I also have compiled the new
python(1.5.2).

I didn't know that Red-hat has a RPM for the version 2 of Zope, where is
it??

Anyway I think that it can not works directly out of the Red-hat instalation
because of the fact that pyhton with red-hat 6.0 is version 1.5.10 whithout
thread. So you have to recompile or reinstall python.

For Zope itself, a lot of things works on 64bits, ZODB ,DA , ftp access,
http,etc.. The only2 problems I have seen is the failure during a posting of
article in confera/sqhisdot:
Zope Error

Error Type: SystemError
Error Value: NULL result without error in call_object
----
Troubleshooting Suggestions
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: addMessage)
  File /home/dev/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: addMessage)
  File lib/python/Products/Confera/Confera.py, line 310, in addMessage
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File lib/python/Products/Confera/Confera.py, line 196, in setItem
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
SystemError: (see above)

And also inside <!--#in--> loops or <!--#with-->accessing images/documents
properties(but it's maybe my code which is non Zope2 compatible).

If someone doesn't have this confera error on RedHat 6.0/digital alpha linux
2-2.5-16/python1.5.2, please let me know.

Thanks

Gilles