[Zope-dev] Passing arguments to external methods

Emmanuel Rousselle eroussel@maestria.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:58:13 -0500

I'm currently trying to play with external methods using the How-To written
by "brian".

cf. http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ExternalMethods

When I'm trying to pass the REQUEST object to my external method, Zope
complains:

   Error Type: TypeError
   Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 2, got 1

The method definition looks like "def helloWorld(self, REQUEST)". And the
call to the external methods looks like "<dtml-var "helloWorld(REQUEST)">".
So it looks to me like Zope is asking for the "self" variable, which is a
bit strange since this argument is supposed to be implicit.

Version details:
Zope version: Zope 2.0.1 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
Python version: 1.5.2 (#0, Jul 30 1999, 09:52:18) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform: win32
--
Emmanuel