[Zope-dev] Patch Submitted: Setting SERVER_NAME through the environment

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:51:07 -0700

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I submited a patch to teh
collector to allow you to set an environment variable SERVER_NAME for
zope, rather than having to manually hardcode on into
Zserver/medusa/http_server.py as mentioned earlier.

It is a simple patch that seems to work fine for me. I don't believe
anything breaks, YMMV ;-)

On a related note, are you guys at Digicool notified when someone
submits a bugrep/reaturereq _with_ patch, making these kind of
announcements really unneccesary?

Another note: It would be nice if we could have a file upload option for
the patch, as opposed to copy-pasting into a small field window :-)

Well, off for more Zoping around .. :-)

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl