[Zope-dev] Object oriented schema evolution

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:15:08 +1100

Just thought I'd throw a bit of research into the mix with regard to what I
think is a very important issue with object persistant storage. Something
that Zope still has yet to come to terms with. Object shema evolution looks
at ways to minimise the problems associated with changing the
sturcture/types/classes etc of persistant objects over time. This will
become more of an issue when ZODB's become big and start aging. How do I
switch to a better model while keeping my old data and keeping it running at
the same time?

http://davis.wpi.edu/dsrg/OOSE/oose-all-pubs.html