[Zope-dev] Replacing/Augmenting dtml-sqltest from a Product?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:37:18 -0700

Bradley McLean wrote:

> Please forgive the somewhat naive question.  I'm a
> seasoned C/C++, Java, Perl programmer new to Python
> and Zope.

GLad to hear it, Perl programmers go much better with seasoning ;^)

>  Hopefully someone can save me a little
> time.

I'll try ...

> I've modified Shared/DC/ZRDB/sqltest.py and
> sqlgroup.py to provide some additional semantics
> that I find very useful.  Specifically, I've
> added range and keyword operations, and comparisons
> other than equality to sqltest, and I've made
> a parameterized version of sqlgroup that allows
> selection of 'and' or 'or' linkages from a variable,
> making it easier to provide sophisticated search
> options on a Zope page.
>
> I'd like to make these modifications available
> for public review and comment.
>
> The best way I can think of to do this is to make
> a new Product that provides the new versions and
> replaces them in DC/ZRDB/DA/SQL.
>
> Can anyone give me a brief shortcut on how to do
> that?  I can figure out how to make a Product,
> but figuring out how to either replace these
> classes, or to create a duplicate of SQL Method
> which uses them is not entirely obvious.
>
> TIA,

Personally, I would post a patch to the collector, and to this list (or
if patch == large_file: procide URL for download), that way you get DC
looking over it, as well as anyone of the rest of us that might like to
try it out.

Bill Anderson

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl