[Zope-dev] A few modifications to the tree tag

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:03:00 +0100

At 09:41 18/11/99 , Hannu Krosing wrote:
>Anthony Baxter wrote:
> >
> > A few modifications, or proposed modifications, to the tree tag:
> >
> > I wanted to make the tree tag support my SQLSession product, so
> > that it could store the tree state in the session, rather than in
> > a cookie. I've created a patch against the current CVS that adds
> > this - there's a new tree tag option, 'store_session', which when
> > set will use the session to store the tree state. Yay. no more
> > annoying cookie warning dialog boxes.
> >
> > Patch is at http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/patches/
>
>Great.
>
>BTW, Is SQLSession usable on Gadfly (and is gadfly thread-safe) ?
>
>Is gadfly a good place for storing sessions ?
>
> > The second point, would a patch to allow a 'prefix' for the tree-[ecs]
> > options be a useful thing? That way you can have multiple trees on the
> > same page. So if prefix=foobar, the cookies/form values would be of the
> > type 'foobartree-e' &c.
>
>Thats exactly what I have been thinking.
>

> > Third point: is it worth allowing the tree icons +/- to be overridden?
> > I thought I remembered someone had done this, but I can't remember it
> > for sure, and I can't find it in my zope archives...
>
>I remember it has been discussed on the list, but I don't remember anyone
>actually doing it.
>
>OTOH the existance of the following in TreeTag.py:
>
>         # opened_decoration=None,
>         # closed_decoration=None,
>         # childless_decoration=None,
>
>suggests that it has been that way once ?

It suggests that it was once planned. I implemented these attributes, the
patch can be found in the archives somewhere, I cannot even find it myself
anymore =). Sorry, I have no time right now to make a new one for you..

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer