[Zope-dev] A few modifications to the tree tag

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:40:48 +1100

>>> Hannu Krosing wrote
> BTW, Is SQLSession usable on Gadfly (and is gadfly thread-safe) ?
> Is gadfly a good place for storing sessions ?

In _theory_, yes. In practice, gadfly's parser barfs on strings with
embedded newlines. Since by default Sessions store the data as base64,
this breaks if the objects encode to more than a line.

I plan to allow a choice of encoding as base64 or using zopes var:type
format - I'd hoped to get this into 0.2, but it's not working yet, so
it will be in 0.3.

> > The second point, would a patch to allow a 'prefix' for the tree-[ecs]
> > options be a useful thing? That way you can have multiple trees on the
> > same page. So if prefix=foobar, the cookies/form values would be of the
> > type 'foobartree-e' &c.
> Thats exactly what I have been thinking.

cool - I'll send a patch tomorrow.

> > Third point: is it worth allowing the tree icons +/- to be overridden?
> > I thought I remembered someone had done this, but I can't remember it
> > for sure, and I can't find it in my zope archives...

MartijnP's response (he did it, but can't find it now) suggests that I need
to implement it myself. Since I need it for a system that's going live in
the next week or so, expect a patch in the not too distant future. :)