[Zope-dev] PCGI bug (Was: Zope-2.1.0b2 fails on access to ma nagement screen)

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:58:58 -0500

> Hmm.. And this means, what I can make out, that you now have
> a AF_UNIX type
> socket and address, and that address is a string, but the
> code expects a
> AF_INET type socket and address, whose address is a (host, port) pair.
>
> Which leaves us with the question, how did you end up with a
> AF_UNIX type
> socket instead of a AF_INET type? And why doesn't the code in
> PCGIServer.py
> account for the possibility?

Hmm - it looks like the logging code in PCGI server was just
broken - it didn't account for the fact that self.addr could
be other than a (host, port) tuple.

I've checked in a change for 2.1.0 that adds a check to make
sure the addr is really a tuple and will cause it to fall
through to the safe default otherwise.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909