[Zope-dev] Copy and paste is not working in custom folder product

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:17:27 +0100

Hi there,

I've created a custom folder which has some addable products defined
inside it. When I add such a product and try to copy and paste it, I get
this traceback:

The object test does not support this operation

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_pasteObjects)
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_pasteObjects)
  File /home/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 199, in
manage_pasteObjects
  File /home/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 374, in
_verifyObjectPaste
Copy Error: (see above)

The folderish product derives from ObjectManager.

The addable products derive from
    OFS.SimpleItem.Item,
    Persistent,
    Acquisition.Implicit,
    AccessControl.Role.RoleManager

Note that these addable products do have an extra object set inside
them. Should this one somehow define copysupport as well?

Anybody have any clue why copy and paste is not working? What should I
investigate? If this post contains too little information I'll just
release my code with this bug next week so people can study it then. :)

Regards,

Martijn