[Zope-dev] Programatically adding a product

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:56:22 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Paulo Eduardo Neves wrote:

> Let's try again in the dev list, I've already asked it in the other list
> without success. Probably I was being punished because it was posted to
> the wrong one.

Unlikely!  Probably everyone is taking a breather ;)

> How do I add a ZSQLMethod to a folder in Zope 2? In Zope 1 it was just
> necessary to call folderObject.manage_addZSQLMethod to add a SQL Method
> to a folder, but it doens't work in Zope2. What should I do now?

[snip]

I haven't added ZSQLMethods programatically, however, you may wish to
check the Zope2 status of the database adapter that you are using because
in my (limited) experience you cannot install a ZSQLMethod until you have
a working database adaptor in the aquisition path.

It would be good if you could post the traceback within Control
Panel/Products/<your product> as we would get a much better idea of what
might be wrong.  Also, DigiCool has released updated documentation for
many of the Zope components (thanks Pam!) and these may have further
information.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder