[Zope-dev] Corrupted Trasaction error and Zope taking down the machine

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:49:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Jason Spisak wrote:

> Well, the OS (RH 6.0) was runing for about three weeks without a
> restart, and the only service running on it was Zope.  The machine took
> a dive and locked out all input, even the keyboard, to it.  The kernel

I had the same experience a month ago and apparently the problem was a
memory leak in the Linux kernel (2.2.9). If you are running kernel 2.2.9
upgrade to 2.2.12.

> CorruptedTransactionError: /Zope/var/Data.fs has invalid transaction
> header at 301420091
>
> Help?!

I am not sure whether the bbb.py scipt has an option to truncate at the
corrupted transaction, but you can simply truncate it to 301420091. Go in
the Zope/utilities folder and check the script bbb.py. You can read its
doc string by running it with no options. If I remember well something
like:

python bbb.py -er oids ../var/Data.fs  might work. It should show you the
corrupted position.

Pavlos