[Zope-dev] Clarification: Bug patches and Product update

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:40:17 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Yep, I followed all your instructions but got nothing but tracebacks (not
> sure if they were exactly the same as Martijn's). If it works for you
> obviously we do something different :-\

Bummer, I must have some patches still lying around somewhere.  I'll see
if I can find them.

> That would be great - but doesn't the the ZEI example depend on a IE only
> HTMLText (or something alike) tag?

Yes, but the javascript I'm using for VZ provides a cross-browser
javascript DOM model which works on both NS and IE.  This DOM includes all
the "useful" enhancements from IE 5.0.  You can find it at:

	http://www.dansteinman.com/dynduo

The code is GPL but the tutorial is NOT.  You will need to make
modifications to your javascript code (ie its not a drop-in replacement).
The purpose of VZ IS to make it a drop-in replacement ;)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder