[Zope-dev] Prototype Zope mxODBC DA

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

Christopher Petrilli writes:
>No, mostly because both are on the cusp of going somewhere else.  We will
>most likely be undertaking a ground-up rewrite of the ODBC driver based
>purely on the X/Open CLI spec (which is part of SLQ99), which will also be
>used to talk to DB2.  This will not use a DB-API compatible interface for
>various reasons.

OK.  Our situation is that I really, *really* want to start using
Zope2, but can't without a working DA.  Unless the rewritten ODBC
driver is going to be available quite soon, I'd like to continue down
the path of the hacked ZOracleDA... which means I need to test it some
more.  Any suggestions on how to check a DA for correctness?

The docs for mxODBC states that it's thread-safe, as long you
have one connection per thread.  So this would mean that the mxODBC DA
could be a Level 2 DA, but I'd have to rewrite the code to keep a
separate connection for each thread.  Any idea how that should be
done?

Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student.
    -- George Iles