[Zope-dev] Re: DTML Zclass ID bug - HELP!

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:57:12 -0400

I'm experiencing something very similar. For some reason my ZClass
instances all have an _['id'] of "<string>". If I Catalog the objects,
they all show up within the catalog - but as the ZClass is Catalog
Aware, new instances always automagically appear as "<string>" in the
Catalog index.

If you go to the folder within the management UI, you will see all
of the ZClass instances with the appropriate id and title. From
that viewpoint, all is well.

If you iterate over the items in the folder with objectValues(), you
will retreive the *correct number of items* in succession - but they
*all have the same id!*. This really mucks up self-rendering as well.

Another side effect: my propertysheet refuses to appear within the
management UI - I had to implement my own "edit" panel (which looks
better anyway :)

Zope Wierdness...

My interim solution to this is simple: use another variable to hold
what the id *should* be, and merely hack up everything to use this
variable instead.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com> <ian@blenke.com>