[Zope-dev] A simple problem.

Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:32:17 +0800

Hi, my name is Victor, and I'm a programmer and developer for an
Interactive agency in China. This is my first time working on a Zope-based
project. Due to my lack of Zope experience, I've been getting into some
problems, and I hope your experience can help me.

My problem is:

In my HR system,I have a Joblisting class and a Person class, and that
Joblisting class is the container class of the Person. In my development
process I have saved my Person information in it's parent class Joblisting,
but I do not know how to access the sub object of it(person).I can only add
use the method self._setObject(newId, newPerson) to add a new person
object.But how can I access a Person's information, such as the name or
password?
  I use self.objectIds like this,and want to check the name and password to
fit the person object that have been already added in.
  The error is:
                         Error Type: AttributeError
                         Error Value: firstname

  def login(self, name, password):
        """ Use this method to allow user to login"""
        personNumber = 1
        list = self.objectIds(['Person'])
               ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        while 1:
                if ((list.firstname == name) & (list.password == password)):
                        return MessageDialog(title='Edited',
                             message='You has been already registed.',
                             action ='./manage_main',
                             )
                else:
                        return MessageDialog(title='Error',
                             message='You must registed first!.',
                             action ='./manage_main',
                             )

class Person(
        Folder
        ):
    meta_type='Person'
    id       ='Person'
    icon = 'misc_/Poll/q'

    title = 'Person Object'
    # Specify definitions for tabs:
    manage_options=(
     ....        )

    def __init__(self, id, firstname, lastname, password, birthday, idnumber, ge
nder, emailaddress, postaladdress, address, city, postalcode, country, telephone
, beeper, resume):
        self.id = id
        self.firstname = firstname
        self.lastname = lastname
        self.password = password

"WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
 annotations on 10/21/99 04:23:31
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.