[Zope-dev] PTK Model

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:34:15 -0400

This looks like two questions in one sentence, so I'll answer them
seperately.  MFI exists as a skelatal prototype, the current model is
much more advanced then the one you see now, in fact MFI has a whole
model unto itself.  I will post it on Monday.

The objects that PTK come with are stock objects, most of which will be
'ports' of the existing zope site objects.  They will change in minor
ways, ie, they will use MFI, their interfaces will be more consistent,
and their behavior will be analyzed (hopefully by all of you!) to see if
they can be made more useful.

A familiar rhythm I'm looking for is 1) release an alpha, 2) someone
points out a problem, 3) that person, using the model, describes exactly
how they think it should work.  This doesn't mean you have to be a
modeler, but you should be able to look at UML and at least be able to
say "Class such-and-such defines this method, I think the method should
return X".  In fact, this doesn't even need UML, you can do this from
the source.  The model is to make it easer for us all the grasp the big
picture.

> - Please tell me that the Membership System and Topics are
> still planned...
> these are really important.

Yes they are planned.  I didn't include them in this early model.

> - Does the original model file include information about the
> attributes you
> plan for each of the object types? (I didn't see it in the
> HTML version
> anywhere)

Other than MFI, I have not reached down to that level of detail yet.

-Michel