[Zope-dev] [Zope-dev]UserDB

John Fohrman fohrman@mediaone.net
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:09:43 -0400

Two people have mentioned the UserDB product, but I can find almost no
information on this. When I searched zope.org only one article showed up.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
  John

-----Original Message-----
From: Janko Hauser [mailto:jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 3:58 AM
To: John Fohrman
Cc: Zope Maliing List
Subject: [Zope-dev] Manage all user folders from one screen?

If you use the UserDB product , you have all users in one table of the
database and all are managed from one acl_users folder. Different
users can get manager permissions for subtrees by means of local
roles. This allows also a global login screen, a secure logout, if you
use cookies and with the help of the login screen you can register the
login and perhaps a cron job can look into a registry to force a
logout, although I do not know, how to expire the cookie, do not know
enough about that yet.

HTH,
__Janko