[Zope-dev] I won't be using ZDaemons heartbeat for ZScheduler

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:50:46 +0200

At 05:04 01/09/99 , Jordan B. Baker wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
> > Two problems with using this:
> >
> > 1) It prints a damn annoying 'tha-thump' every heartbeat. Fixable, I know.
> >
> > 2) It only runs on Unix. ZDaemon is not used on NT (z2.py line 213: if
> > sys.platform=='win32': Zpid='')
>
>#2: the cross platform issue could be avoided by using the timeout
>ability of select() (which NT has, right?) and moving the heartbeat
>implementation into this area of the code.

I have my own ideas about implementing this. I am working on it, it's just
that my darn boss wants me to do some work for customers as well =).

Michel, I resurrected the Scheduler code from the CVS and I had a good long
hard look at that as well. Thanks for the tip.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer