[Zope-dev] Root partition growing uncontrolably during atransaction

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:41:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Jason Spisak wrote:

> Scott,
>
> My /tmp had only one file and that was for KDE in it.  ls -a revealed
> nothing else in there.  I looked in all of the tmp directories, because
> I thought the same thing.

Ok round #2, I remember Jim babeling about temp files one time when I
visited DC. He had mentioned something about creating a temp file and
unlinking the file descriptor or something like that. The point was that
this was the "proper" way to handle a temp file because if your program
crashed the file storage would be reclaimed by the OS. It sounded really
cool. So maybe this is what is happening here. Sorry if I'm being vauge
learning from Jim is somewhat akin to drinking from a fire hose.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -