[Zope-dev] Announce: PythonMethod 0.0.1

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 07:28:43 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Great! It seems to work for '+', but I can't get it to multiply. I tried
> multiplying
> a string with a number, or two numbers, but it just tells me 'ha!'. :)

Ah, yes %^).  It was very early when I packaged it up, and I forgot to
strip out the test code that I was using to verify operator restrictions.
Next version or so, it'll do the standard Zope test for over-large sequence
multiplication and leave numbers alone.

Just in case anyone misses the significance of the 0.0.1 version number,
BTW, this is *not* production code.  It shouldn't crash your server, but
that's all I would bet on.  For all I know it's got little gremlins living
in it which will come out at night and eat your toes.  Since it's meant for
people who know Python already anyway, I'm hoping for feedback on the
actual code, which is why it's out there at all.

Have fun!