[Zope-dev] Announce: PythonMethod 0.0.1

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:37:23 +0200

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > Great! It seems to work for '+', but I can't get it to multiply. I tried
> > multiplying
> > a string with a number, or two numbers, but it just tells me 'ha!'. :)
>
> Ah, yes %^).  It was very early when I packaged it up, and I forgot to
> strip out the test code that I was using to verify operator restrictions.
> Next version or so, it'll do the standard Zope test for over-large sequence
> multiplication and leave numbers alone.

Does it do any kind of cut-off after too many bytecodes are executed
already? I wasn't able to find a reference to this in the docs so I
assume not. It'd be very neat if it did that, though. :)

> Just in case anyone misses the significance of the 0.0.1 version number,
> BTW, this is *not* production code.  It shouldn't crash your server, but
> that's all I would bet on.  For all I know it's got little gremlins living
> in it which will come out at night and eat your toes.  Since it's meant for
> people who know Python already anyway, I'm hoping for feedback on the
> actual code, which is why it's out there at all.

I know, I know. :) I was just toying around with it -- I'll investigate
the source later. I can't wait for a fully functional PythonMethod
though; it'd be so much easier to do advanced stuff then inside the Zope
environment!

Regards,

Martijn