[Zope-dev] Can't get ZClass baseclass to behave as DTML Metho d

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:57:26 +0200

Michel Pelletier wrote:

[big snip of my problem description]
> > instead it'll display index_html (that is acquired and not defined on
> > the ZClass). It apparently isn't calling __call__ at all.
>
> It doesn't call *your* __call__ or it raises an exception?

Oh, right, I meant *my* __call__. Obviously it's calling *some* call
somewhere, i.e. the one of the folder's index_html.

No exceptions; it just displays the index_html that is defined for the
folder taht the XML document is in.

> It might be calling a __call__ method defined in a Base class that
> supercedes the one you define.

What is looks like is that my ZClass simply doesn't find my __call__
(defined in my python base class for it) and looks it up by the acquisition
machinery instead. Is this a bug, then, or is it meant to be this way? If
it's meant to be like this, why? :)

Regards,

Martijn