[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Need a list of words not indexed by Catalog

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fswrul.fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:59:42 +0200

Together with French and German and Chinese and Antarctic?

In other words: it would be a good idea to make stopwords/indexing
configurable. The second question is on what basis it should be
configurable: on a document basis or automatically (based on a language
property/header info/metainfo) or manually (on a folder basis). Hm, this is
only the surface - because if you think a bit more about it you would want
the index/catalog to yield multilingual results from a single search :-(. I
do not want to think about what this implies.
It seems like you run into a _lot_ of complexities with multilingual issues,
and still these are real issues for many of us.

Rik