[Zope-dev] wygiwys

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:25:05 -0300

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 06:34:39PM +0200, Andy  Pahne wrote:
> one of our clients makes me nervous, twice a day: he allways asks if there
> is a wygiwys-possibility for the content-managers of tehir site?

I've been to some Oracle seminars and I was very impressed by
Orcle WebDB Site Manager. It locks the designer out in some
unnecessary constraints, but otherwise it's very cool (except
for the fact that you need to buy a several-thousand-dollars
database server to run it).

> is there something like that or should i wait until the release of zope 3?

If there isn't, I plan on writing something _if_ my company
actually decides to use Zope (as this decision is pretty much
mine, it will depend only on the viability of virtual hosting
for which I'm investigating all alternatives).

In other words, if there isn't and people want to write one,
count me in. I'd surely like to have my customers maintain some
of the site's content while leaving me with design. And I'd
surely like something as modular as WebDB for that.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.