[Zope-dev] using persistent storage inside Zope

Adam Feuer adamf@pobox.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:31:41 -0700

Quoting Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>:
> But what it looks like your doing is stuffing something in the object
> database that Zope is not aware about?  Why not just make it a Zope
> object?  This smells like a hack.

michel,
  thanks for the help! i think i am still missing something, though--
if it's a hack, it's because i don't know what i'm doing! :-) :-)

  i would like to make this a Zope object, but... how do i make a Zope
object from inside of Zope...? specifically, what i think i need to do
at the time my product is initialized, i need to check for this
storage object, and if doesn't exist, create it. (this would be in the
__init__.py file for the product, i think.)

  then, when instances of my product are created, i want them to be
able to add data to this storage object. how do they know where the
storage object is, and how do they call its methods...??

  please excuse me if these are elementary questions, i'm pretty new
to working with Zope.

cheers
adam
--