[Zope-dev] Length of Search Results/ZServer Crawling

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:24:13 -0400

Zopsters,

Does anyone know why this code:

            <!--#in "Catalog(meta_type=['MyClass'])"-->
             <!--#var "_.len(Catalog.searchResults())"-->
            <!--#/in-->

Outside the Catalog, renders the number of all the objects in the
Catalog and not the Amount of MyClasse instances in the Catalog?
I'd like to get the number of objects of a give type with some property
values that are cataloged, but I'm unable to.

Also,

ZServer has been slowing to a crawl and taking 2-3 minutes to give back
of the threads, so I don't see how more threads would solve the
problem.  Right now I am running what looks like the default 6 threads.
All with 13% of CPU percentage. I've got about 20 people hammering this
thing non-stop all day long.  The spead is good when I restart Zope, but
then it deteriorates the longer the process is leftr running.

--
Jason Spisak
webmaster@hiretechs.com