[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Barriers to Zope popularity: Part 1:wysiwig editing

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:14:36 +1000

It is true. A really wicked and powerful web application server. No
doubt about that.

Zope for dummies (a book or something similar, not Zope lite version
:0)..for beginner (not always for beginner developer)..especially
for Windows based developers (A lot of them here, too many to be ignored
if we are talking about market share)-ASP,CF etc..And an awful
lots of company uses ASP (free and Microsoft) for Intranet..And if
you've known just VBScript, you'd think Zope is only for rocket
scientist.
And students as well very important, because many would use just the
awful Perl for CGI processing..(Perl is almost a standard in many unis).

'Dummies' are the majorities, and I think its Zope's best interest to
lure them. This is we want more people to use Zope. The best product
doesn't always equate to market share. The one that people can use and
understand will (doesn't apply to Microsoft:O)..
My point still is the good ol' documentations for beginners the way to
go, if we are talking about increasing market share. Let's do something
about it.

Dody