[Zope-dev] ANN: VisualStudio Preview released

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:57:58 +0200

Michel Pelletier wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >

> > Did anyone try XMLWidgets yet? Nobody seems to have..
>
> The exported product is named XMLWidgets.  The Python product is named
> XMLWidgets.  If you try to import the exported product, it gives you an
> error that the name XMLWidgets is allready in use.  Which is true.

But it's not a Python product as such; it's just a set of Python base
classes for the ZClasses in the product. It's true the Python part is the
meat of it, the ZClasses themselves hardly add anything right now.

So does the XMLWidgets product automatically become registered if I have
a directory called that in the products directly? I've tried importing the
.zexp file into a products dir and it worked fine.

> If you rename the python product, importing the exported product doesn't
> work.  No such Module XMLWidets.  Which is true.
> Renaming the .zexp file does nothing, it still thinks it's name is
> XMLWidgets, which is true.
>
> So Martijn, what's the secret password? ;)

Okay, going out on a limb here, try installing the XMLWidgets.tgz file
(the python stuff). Then restart your Zope. Then go to the products
management screen, and *delete* any XMLWidgets product that may show up.
*then* import the XMLWidgets.zexp. And finally install the demo somewhere
in the folder tree. Then tell me if it worked. :)

There ought to be some way to distribute ZClasses with Python base classes
easily, though...

I'm really glad about this kind of feedback, though, even if it's just
installation issues. :)

Thanks!

Martijn