[Zope-dev] Parse.

Juan Javier Carrera Obrero jcarrera@uco.es
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:05:10 +0200

Hi !

We are using Zope 2.1.6 for Windows NT Server, and Oracle 8i as RDBMS.

When the ZSQL methods are runned, the values of the parameters of the SQL
query are remplaced by Zope before sending the query to the Oracle database
jet (it does not the "parse").

Thus, if two users runs the same query but with different parameters, it is
considered as two different queries because the values of the parameters of
the ZSQL method are remplaced firstly. When it is realized by more users
with diferent parameters, the Oracle's cache is fulling quickly and it is
overing.

Do exists any way for sending the query of the ZSQL method and theirs
parameters, trying that the values of the parameters was remplaced in the
database jet, and no previously.

Perhaps, it was a ODBC problem, or the Zope code does not allow it. I do not
know it.

Any body can help me ?

Thanks.

JUAN JAVIER CARRERA OBRERO