[Zope-dev] Adding data attributes to a pluggable brain?

Dr. Peer Griebel peer@knoll-is.de
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:54:17 +0200

Hi,

I just started using pluggable brains. The first thing I observed is
that changes to the brain class are only seen in Zope after a restart of
Zope. This differs to the behaviour of external methods. For newbies
this can be quite irritating.

But now to my question: How can I add a data attribute to my brain?
Whenever I try to say
	self.attr=42
in a method of the brain class I get an Attribute Error. I can use a
construct like self.__dict__['attr']=42. This seems to work. But is it
the right way?

Thank you for your help!

--
connection reset by
      Peer

Dr. Peer Griebel                                  Tel. +49 7581 4831 23
Geschäftsführer                                   Fax. +49 7581 4831 11
Knoll Informationssysteme GmbH                   http://www.knoll-is.de
Dreiköniggasse 17                               mailto:peer@knoll-is.de
88348 Saulgau                        privat: mailto:peer.griebel@gmx.de