[Zope-dev] Zope and PIL problems?

Townsend Duong townsend@beehive.de
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:02:10 +0200

Is anybody else having problems getting Zope and PIL to work together?

I'm trying to get Zope to use PIL to generate some images and load them into
the Zope database. PIL claims it can't find the font file (or the glyph
file). After hunting this bug for a while, I discovered that it has the file
just fine, but it can't seem to open the glyph file because the line 'return
factory(fp, filename)' in Image.open leads to an IOError.

I tried ignoring the font problem temporarily, but then I got errors with
the Image.save. It leads to ImageFile._save, which brings up an attribute
error.

Both open and save work fine from the command line 'interactive mode', and
I've been able to get PIL to do these sorts of operations outside of Zope. I
even loaded the font from the command line while Zope kept complaining.

In case it helps, I'm using Zope 2.1.6, Python 1.5.2, PIL 1.0 final, and
PILGraph 0.1a7.

TD

| Townsend Duong                       |
| Stanford University Computer Science |
| beehive elektronische medien GmbH    |
| Handy: 0178 / 33 77 77 6             |
| Email: townsend@beehive.de           |