[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Re: Zope hanging (poss. threads-related)

Tony Rossignol tonyr@ep.newtimes.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:19:17 -0700

Marcus Collins wrote:

> Now back to documenting the problem!

Thank you for starting this.  I'll try to gather up information I've
been trying to collect here and post it in the next few days.

RE: could be zombie related -

Where might I find more info on this?  Could this zombie issue be
present in FCGI as well?

We have noticed once restarts start they get worse when under a load.
I've been suspecting that the longer pages take to load the more people
are just stopping the page load, and this would/could create a zombie.
The problem is I don't know how to identify or research what is going on
under the hood.  Could when someone terminates a connection be an issue
here?  I mean; if the request in queued waiting for a thread might act
differently than a request that is being processed by Zope and waiting
on a DB query, or even termination once zope has already started passing
results back through the pipe.  Our restarts are so hard to tie down I'm
guessing it's a very subtle issue or a combination of just the wrong
factors.

Just some more food for thought.

--
tonyr@ep.newtimes.com