[Zope-dev] Extensions directory

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 15:20:29 -0400

Well, if you make a directory in the Products folder and put a blank
file in there named __init__.py, it becomes a Product.  It does nothing
whatsoever, but it will appear in the Products folder of the Control
Panel.  Then you can put an Extensions directory in that folder and use
it to store external methods.  You can create a number of do-nothing
products that will allow you to categorize your external methods.  This
seems to be what you're trying to do.