[Zope-dev] Reference files in a product folder

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> > This *might* be considered a bug
> > if we were sure that we really, truly wanted to allow images to be methods
> > of zclasses.  But I think for now it's one of those grey areas.
>
> Okay. What about script-files? I've got a product up (devel) under
> Members/morphex, that relies on a couple of JavaScript files (which are
> too big to include on every page).
>
> The product is a JavaScript news-roller, btw, that utilizes a hack I did
> on Zope 2.1.3 (yes, the patches are there). It's works for NS4,IE4 and
> IE5; and has appropiate fallbacks for old javascript-enabled browsers and
> browsers without support for javascript.

Any object in a zclass that's not a method (a DTML method, a
pythonmethod, an external method, and probably a SQL method) will exhibit
the same characteristics.  Its absolute_url() return value and its output
in dtml-var when you walk up to it via traversal of Control_Panel will
omit the propertysheets path member which will cause the path to be wrong.

Does this answer your question?