[Zope-dev] Broken product instances when using SiteAccess

Helge Tesdal tesdal@v160b.studby.ntnu.no
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:56:01 +0200 (CEST)

We have set up a site using SiteAccess. The site itself works just fine,
but when moving Data.fs to other machines the instances of our products
appear broken. There is no problem adding new instances.

Currently we're running Zope 2.1.6, and will probably continue to do so
unless this is fixed...

We have copied the whole zope directory from our main site, including all
installed Products, Extensions and so on.

Could it be that Zope is looking for the product in the wrong places? We
had SiteAccess running when the instances were added, and but have to turn
it off when used on other machines. The rewriterule is included below.

Any suggestions on how to make this work again? Is it possible to get some
more debug info from Zope on where the instance wants the product to
reside?

Our rewriterule:
<dtml-call expr="REQUEST.setURL(base='http://toplevel.domain')">
<dtml-let path="REQUEST.path">
<dtml-if path>
<dtml-comment>  There is a path </dtml-comment>
  <dtml-if expr="path[-1]=='Z'">
<dtml-comment>    '/Z/...' explicitly forbids redirection to 'artists'
</dtml-comment>
    <dtml-call expr="path.pop()">
    <dtml-call expr="REQUEST.setURL(path='Z')">
  <dtml-elif expr="path[-1] in objectIds()">
<dtml-comment>    Don't redirect existing objects </dtml-comment>
  <dtml-else>
<dtml-comment>    Everything else goes to 'artists' </dtml-comment>
    <dtml-call expr="path.append('artists')">
    <dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH', '/')">
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-if>
</dtml-let>

Thanks in advance