[Zope-dev] Re: Better encapsulation is good...

Lance odysseus@acedsl.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:05:52 -0400

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Chris Withers wrote:
> ...but doesn't solve what I suspect is a problem with string attributes in
> the new security stuff (although I'm going to see if I can knock up a
> simple test case to see what's really going on ;-)

> ...but this won't work for the posting attributes like subject, body, etc
> :(

Well, I'm at a loss. I tried a bunch things myself, and I've found out that
instances of the Article class are not inheriting __ac_permissions__  from
the Posting class. In fact, even if you override __ac_permissions__ in the
Article class, the validate() method is reporting there's nothing there. What
I don't understand is, SquishSite works, and SquishFile works, what's so
different about the Posting/Article classes?
I thought all one had to do was inherit RoleManager, and set everything
properly in __ac_permissions__ ? Or am I totally not getting the 2.2 Security
model? Do you know what's going on here?

> Anyway, I think I'm just going to release 0.7.0 with the nasty
> __allow_access_to_unprotected_subojects__=1 in it and do a 0.7.1 release
> when the mess is sorted out :S

You mean begin Squishdot: The Next Generation (SquishdotPTK)? :-)

--
--Lance