[Zope-dev] Re: Better encapsulation is good...

odysseus@acedsl.com odysseus@acedsl.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Did you run the Article class through Globals.default__class_init__()?
> E.g. (at the module level), e.g.:
>
> Globals.default__class_init__(Article)

Yes, I tried this too, (saw it in the mailing list archive).

I still don't understand why it's not working. I can give you the exact
line where in the validate() method in ZopeSecurityPolicy.py it's failing
(line 161), if it helps at all (again, I'm not well versed in the Zope
security internals):
           if p is None:
                p=getattr(container,
                          '__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__', None)

getattr() returns None, then this happens:

           if not p:
                if (containerbase is accessedbase):
                    raise 'Unauthorized', cleanupName(name, value)

Any suggestions would be helpful,

-Lance