[Zope-dev] Re: ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.2.1 released - breaks my zclass instances too.

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:55:59 +1000

Brian, the tranalyser reported a clean (old) data.fs and I don't use any
python base classes for any of my zclasses - however, in the interests
of my own sanity, I'm pleased to report success with an old recipe - I
started with a fresh Data.fs and cleaned out some cruft from my Products
folder. After removing all the stuff I'm not using now (ZopePTK and
ZDConfera/ZDiscussions products in particular), I was able to import my
zclasses and then the major application folder - everything looks fine
now and seems to work.

Lesson may be that a Data.fs which works with an earlier zope version
may fail when upgrading to 2.2.1 - if so, try

1. Export everything you need (zclasses and data) from your current
working zope into the target zope /import directory
2. clear out all that old cruft which you don't use anymore from your
zinstancehome or other Products folder,
3. start 2.2.1 with a copy of the distribution Data.fs (cp Data.fs.in
Data.fs)
4. import all your zclasses
5. import all your folders

worked for me.

--

Dr Ross Lazarus
Associate Professor and Sub-Dean for Information Technology