[Zope-dev] ZPatterns bug: Compute instance has not _objectAdding method

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:23:03 -0500

At 04:13 PM 8/28/00 +0100, Steve Alexander wrote:
>Zope 2.2.1, ZPatterns 0-4-1snap1, with some small patches.
>
>I'm adding a dataskin-derived ZClass instance underneath a Customizer
>folder.
>
>The Customizer has a SkinScript plug-in.
>
>When I try to add a new ZClass instance, I get an exception that I can
>trace to the fact that DataManager's _objectAdding method is trying to
>call _objectAdding on a Compute object.

I actually fixed this problem about three weeks ago, but neglected to
publish the code.  :(  In the latest version, all of the objects which the
SkinScript compiler creates are derived from a class "NullProvider" which
has empty methods for all the _objectXing events, including _objectChanging.

Luckily, there is not much more to do for the new release (0.4.2b1) besides
updating the release-related files, and perhaps a bit more work on
improving the management screens for SkinScript methods.