[Zope-dev] Uh-oh, can't access roles property ...

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:23:27 -0600

(Membership devel issue)

OK, since I was getting nowhere, I tried a nre tack. I made the roles property a multiple_select. Seemed to work great.
I could give roles to members.

BUT, as soon as I deleted it ...

      TypeError

      Sorry, a Zope error occurred.

      Traceback (innermost last):
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
          (Object: Traversable)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
          (Object: manage)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
          (Object: manage)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py, line 120, in __call__
          (Object: manage)
          (Info: /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/OFS/properties.dtml)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 528, in __call__
          (Object: manage)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 691, in renderwob
          (Object: propertyMap)
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 691, in renderwob
          (Object: _[select_variable])
        File /local/ZopeSites/TestBed/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 337, in eval
          (Object: getProperty(id) and (_['sequence-item'] in getProperty(id)))
          (Info: getProperty)
        File <string>, line 0, in ?
      TypeError: string member test needs char left operand

This happens when trying to access the 'RestrictedProperties" property sheet in the management interface.

Any clues?
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.