[Zope-dev] changing/storing Properties with ZPatterns

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:40:55 -0500

At 10:07 AM 12/1/00 +0100, Joachim Schmitz wrote:

>this works fine. Now I wanted to have attributes which I don't want to
>display in the form, for example complete attribute. I therefore created
>another dataskin propersheet Internal in AZ with a property complete
>and tried to set it with:
>
><dtml-call
>"ni.propertysheets.Internal.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST,complete='1')">
>
>But I don't manage to store retrieve this attribute.
>All attributes in the Basic propertysheet I can store and retrieve.
>
>what is the magic behind this ?

Beats me.  I know that we use a variety of DataSkin propertysheets in our
apps with no problems, although we are not using persistent storage at the
present time.

What happens when you try to store "complete"?  Is it simply not saved, or
do you get some kind of error?  Have you tried other values?  Have you
checked your permissions to ensure your code has rights to change the
"Internal" sheet?