[Zope-dev] FW: ZPatterns, ObjectDomain, UML and all that.....

Roch'e Compaan roche@ybm.co.za
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:44:51 +200

> If you want to store one DataSkin inside another, where either one of them
> is stored in a Rack, you will have to create appropriate SkinScript or
> custom attribute providers to do so.

But what if I always store dataskins in there own racks but simply assign an attribute of one
Dataskin to the instance of another Dataskin?  I simply want to be able to say
Customer.Address.Street...

> >PS: I checked Rack.py:
> >
> >CreateItem call _RawItem and in _RawItem the Rack for that instance is set:
> > item._setRack(Self)  # Connect to Rack
> >
> >I might be wrong but after a quick look at the attributehandling code in
> >Dataskins.py suggests that the Dataskin does not know who its datamanager
> >is.
>
> Yes, it does.  _setRack() is called whenever a DataSkin is retrieved from a

I meant to say "it DOES know" - but I do NOT  :)

Roché