[Zope-dev] Linux Zope <-> Win2K SQL Server?

jimbo jimbo@tacomaplace.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:57:04 -0800

I'm still trying to figure out what the missing pieces are... if anyone else
has gotten a Linux Zope talking to a Win2K SQL Server 2000, I would
appreciate some guidance.
>It seems I would have to write my own Product from scratch to do this, >no
>matter what. None of the ODBC Products seem to be available for Unix, >and
>ODBC from Unix <-> Windows will require additional software like >EasySoft's
>ODBC Bridge anyway. Or I could just not use ODBC at all and make some
>Product customized to MS SQL Server.

A while back I had to do a job where I needed ODBC from Windows <-> Linux. I tried a product called iODBC and some other open-source ODBC data manager. Never could get the data manager configured.
I would suggest sticking with ODBC.  Here is a earlier post on the subject that might help.
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/dev-archive.nsf/ByKey/11309A0077896561

>Some may suggest using ActiveState's Perl Methods for Zope and >DBD::Proxy.
>:)  It's a possibility, but I'd like to see if more conventional >solutionsexist.
Sounds painful :-0

-Jimbo