[Zope-dev] Announce: IRC client for zope (alpha)

Carlos Neves cneves@ruido-visual.pt
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:02:29 +0000

Hello,

I have just uploaded to http://www.zope.org/Members/neli/zIRCon a development
version of my zope IRC console product. The reason I post it in this alpha
state is so that the shining minds around there might have an idea on how to
solve a tiny problem I'm having... I hang on to the socket connection waiting
for feedback from the server, so that things feel like real-time. But the 10
secs I wait before automagically refreshing and, therefor, releasing for
moments the socket just seem too much when I'm hangin on to ALL the channels
medusa makes available, rendering the zope install a bit too slow on the
'waiting for reply' state.
Anyway, it works with some limitations, wich are not documented (yet). But the
raw bases are all there and the code is (slightly) documented.

Hope you can find some time to have fun with it and *please* send me your
feedback on that socketing issue.

--
"Kill processes, not people."
- Larry Cohen