[Zope-dev] RE: objectIds accessiblilty & and a proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:08:28 +0100 (CET)

Steve Alexander writes:
 > On my pie-in-the-sky zope wishlist:
 >
 > What I'd like is a new tab for zope objects that allows me to say which
 > protocols the object is accessible from, and what to do if not.
 >
 > For example:
 >
 >    access route             accessible?        action
 >
 >    called from template     yes
 >    http on port 8080        no                 return 404
 >    ftp                      yes
 >

 > Another example:
 >
 >    access route             accessible?        action
 >
 >    called from template     yes
 >    http on port 8080        no                 redirect to URL1
Sounds good to me.
With the exception that I do not like the explicit port references.
I would like to see there an indirection (e.g. use a name
which can be mapped to a port at a central place).

Dieter