[Zope-dev] RE: objectIds accessiblilty & and a proposal

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:17:52 +0000

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Steve Alexander writes:
>  > On my pie-in-the-sky zope wishlist:
>  >
>  > What I'd like is a new tab for zope objects that allows me to say which
>  > protocols the object is accessible from, and what to do if not.
>  >
>  > For example:
>  >
>  >    access route             accessible?        action
>  >
>  >    called from template     yes
>  >    http on port 8080        no                 return 404
>  >    ftp                      yes
>  >
>  >
>  > Another example:
>  >
>  >    access route             accessible?        action
>  >
>  >    called from template     yes
>  >    http on port 8080        no                 redirect to URL

> Sounds good to me.
 >

> With the exception that I do not like the explicit port references.
> I would like to see there an indirection (e.g. use a name
> which can be mapped to a port at a central place).

I agree, that's a good idea.

The accessible state, and the action for a particular access-route could
be acquired, like the current security settings. So, I'd have to say in
only a single folder's accessing tab that all objects below that folder
that are invisible to web traversal should return a 404.

Isn't there already a fishbowl proposal for this kind of thing? Did it
get anywhere?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer