[Zope-dev] appending %20 to zclass-methods ids

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:12:07 -0500

Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> bug or feature ?

Feature.

> explanation:
>
> I modified the load_site.py script so that I can also edit dtml-methods
> and dtml-documents with a command like:
>
> load_site -u user:pass -v -e http://zope.host.com/test index_html
>
> this works for normal Zope-folders since it actually calls:
>
> http://zope.host.com/test/index_html/manage_edit using client.py
>
> When I create a zclass, and define a zclass-method index_html, this is
> actually named "index_html%20" so that my call:
>
> http://zope.host.com/test/Products/Classname/propertysheets/methods/index_html/manage_edit
>
> fails, with "..../index_html%20/manage_edit" it works.
>
> this "%20" is always appended to zclass-method-ids, why ?

To allow someone to define a ZCLass method whos name conflicts
with the name os a method of the thing used to manage methods.

Essentially, a space is added to the name *only* in the context
of the methods management interface.  The method is stored in the
class with the trailing space removed.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.