[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Fixing Data.bbb

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:46:39 +0200

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm currently in a quite embarrassing situation.
> >
> > A site has been running for about half a year non-stop but now a
> > problem arise when I tried to pack the database : there is a corrupted
> > record dated 08-08-1999 which makes it impossible to start up the
> > database.
>
> I take it that this is a Zope 1.x site?

Yes

> There should be a .old file left from the pack that you can
> revert to.

I should have been more precise - I have never packed the site.

When I saw that Undo tab reported nothing to undo I thought (stupidly)
that packing the site would help.

It refused to pack (with some error I donät remember.

Then I (even more stupidly) thought that Shutdown/Restart would help.
It did not start up any more ;(

> Were you backing up the site?

I think backing up would'nt have helped, as the file itself is
corrupted.

It could have bee a good idea to do regular Exports and backup them.

Hannu