[Zope-dev] Zope (or Python?) not completely thread-safe...?!

Thilo Mezger Thilo Mezger <mezger@innominate.de>
11 Feb 2000 10:49:08 GMT

hi!

i spent several hours looking for a bug which caused my whole zope
system to be hanging.  the solution was this:

i've been using <dtml-sendmail> to send out emails but due to a
network change my smtp-host had changed and i was trying to use
a server that wasn't answering to my smtp-request due to some
firewall-something.

ok, one zope thread was waiting for a reply from the smtp-server
but as a consequence all other zope threads were blocked in some
way so that i couldn't access my zope system anymore.

is that a normal behaviour...?!  OS is linux-2.2 ...

i would have expected one thread to be waiting and the others to be
serving requests as usual...

thilo

--
mezger@innominate.de